Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com> on 2008/01/28 09:52:55 UTC

Re: Tomahawk Sandbox promotion schedule?

Ok I am moving this over to the devs list!

Gerald Müllan schrieb:
> I want to promote these nice and useful Dojo-dependent components
>
> pprPanelGroup
> suggest (inputSuggestAJAX, tableSuggestAJAX, simple input suggest)
> fishEyeNavigationMenu
> modalDialog
>
> and will do the promotion but we should definitely wait until new Dojo
> comes in (there was a major overhaul to the api).
> I am just waiting for Werner`s Dojo drop.
>
> So, Werner, count me in.

Well my plan is, this is unofficial and undiscussed yet,  that I start
in march with a major
overhaul, we probably move the entire dojo stuff into its own subproject
dojo then will be loaded probably  by weblets, this will make the
resource bundeling easier because we then can unlink the dojo codebase
from our core code and move it in at build time from maven
and then all the dojo code, and all the dojo related components
should reside in this subproject.

Omitting the tomahawk resource loader in favor of weblets
adds a bunch of advantages regarding dojo, we finally can
hotswap dojo versions if they dont break anything,
and we will get an extra versioning on resource loading level.

Maybe in the long run we can get an entire tomahawk extensions
infrastructure, with lots of different libs that way!

But those are all things I have planned to be done after the JSFDAYS
conference
and we will have to discuss all of that upfront in the devs list before
starting with all this!

Werner