Posted to user@geode.apache.org by Gal Palmery <Ga...@amdocs.com> on 2016/05/11 07:07:13 UTC

geode & gemfire on the same grid

Hi everybody,

Is  it possible for geode to work partly with gemfire 8.2.0.5 on the same grid?
Meaning - if some of the servers are running with gemfire 8.2.0.5 jars, and others running with geode M2 release version, will all the servers be able to communicate correctly?

Thanks,
Gal

Re: geode & gemfire on the same grid

Posted by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io>.
Yes, the group membership service has been completely rewritten to use
off-the-shelf JGroups, so our join/leave, authentication and failure
detection are no longer performed by JGroups and use different messages
than the old GMS.  UDP messages and membership identifiers have also
changed since JGroups on-wire message format has changed and JGroups has
moved to a UID-based identifier.

Le 5/11/2016 � 6:18 AM, Anthony Baker a �crit :

Posted by Greg Chase <gr...@gregchase.com>.
You need to distinguish between the distributions.

Any rolling upgrade feature in Geode would support Geode cannot be
guaranteed to support GemFire.

Any rolling upgrade feature in GemFire will be designed for GemFire first
and may or may not support Geode.

Posted by Gal Palmery <Ga...@amdocs.com>.
Thanks everyone.

Posted by Michael Stolz <ms...@pivotal.io>.
Yes we are

Posted by Bruce Schuchardt <bs...@pivotal.io>.
well... it's not supported /yet/.  We plan to support rolling upgrade in
Geode, I believe.

Le 5/11/2016 � 10:47 AM, Anilkumar Gingade a �crit :

Posted by Anilkumar Gingade <ag...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Anthony Baker <ab...@pivotal.io>.
In this case, it definitely does not work due the changes we’ve made in the Group Membership Service in geode.

Posted by Greg Chase <gr...@gregchase.com>.