Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com> on 2013/07/25 18:28:48 UTC

MVC framework

Hi,
until now I'm using PureMVC multicore with my Flex projects but it seems that PureMVC is an "old steamer".
Starting a new project I'd like to ask if anybody has experience with Robotlegs2 or mvcExpress.
Or is there an other highly recommended MVC framework or is it currently the best way to use Flex only without any third party micro framework;-)

Thanks
Olaf

________________________________

Edscha Holding GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Remscheid
Registergericht: Wuppertal, HRB 22889
Geschäftsführung: Francisco J. Riberas Mera, Juan Maria Riberas Mera, Francisco López Peña, David Vázquez Pascual, Torsten Greiner, Mario Eikelmann, Hans-Peter Schulz und Volker Weiss

Vertretungsberechtigt sind nur Geschäftsführer und schriftlich Bevollmächtigte.

Solely Managing Directors or employees with a written proxy have got power of representation.

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien ist vertraulich und nur für den Empfänger bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemäße Empfänger sein, ist Ihnen jegliche Offenlegung, Vervielfältigung, Weitergabe oder Nutzung des Inhalts untersagt. Bitte informieren Sie in diesem Fall unverzüglich den Absender und löschen Sie die E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien von Ihrem System. Vielen Dank.

The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail including any attachments from your system. Thank you.

Re: MVC framework

Posted by Sean Thayne <se...@skyseek.com>.
I'd suggest playing with them. Find one you like and feels handles
everything you need okay. Then stick with it for the project. If you find
anything wrong with it later on, talk to the development teams. I can't
speak for Parsley, but I do know Shaun Smith does a great job at listening
to issues with the framework and usually will get you a patch withing a
couple of days. If you feel your able, you can always attempt to fix or
implement any features you feel like you need.

If your very comfortable with your AS3 skills, using a unsupported
framework like Parsley makes sense, because you can jump in and change
things. If your not as confident or just don't want to mess around with
that stuff, I'd probably pick RL2 or another framework that has current
support and solid activity.

~Sean

Re: MVC framework

Posted by dude <du...@atheist.com>.

Re: MVC framework

Posted by Ajar <aj...@gmail.com>.
Go Parsley!!!
That's it. you got me there!
I'm converted...
:)

Re: MVC framework

Posted by dude <du...@atheist.com>.

Re: MVC framework

Posted by Ajar <aj...@gmail.com>.

RE: MVC framework

Re: MVC framework

Re: MVC framework

Posted by Ajar <aj...@gmail.com>.
You'd love it!
:)

oh, and i agree - a wider community behind it will definately be more ideal
;-)
They definitely earned it in my book.

AW: MVC framework

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.

________________________________

Re: MVC framework

Posted by Ajar <aj...@gmail.com>.

Re: MVC framework

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

AW: MVC framework

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.

Re: MVC framework

Posted by Alain Ekambi <ja...@gmail.com>.
This is how we solve it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kilmaSRq49g

Re: MVC framework

Posted by Sean Thayne <se...@skyseek.com>.

Re: MVC framework

Re: MVC framework

Posted by Carlos Velasco <ca...@gmail.com>.
In case you like PureMVC, take a look at Uriana, which is quite similar but
adds so many built-in libraries and automations.

Re: MVC framework

Posted by David Hamiter <in...@professorfripples.com>.
Very nice, Carlos!

Re: MVC framework