Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Shalitha Suranga <sh...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/11 09:09:53 UTC

[allura:tickets] Ticket 6923 discussion

It is really cool to have allura emoji support. Currently user need to copy and paste unicode of emoji to use emoji in markdown. How about adding something like https://pypi.org/project/emoji/

your ideas?

---

** [tickets:#6923] Handle github emoji**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** unreleased
**Labels:** github import
**Created:** Tue Nov 26, 2013 11:00 PM UTC by Dave Brondsema
**Last Updated:** Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:49 PM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Emoji (e.g. :+1: thumbs up) are heavily used on some GH projects and would be good to carry over during import. However, the images are not licensed for us to redistribute https://github.com/github/gemoji/blob/master/LICENSE  Maybe we could use https://github.com/Genshin/PhantomOpenEmoji if the mapping is straightforward.  We also need to decide if we want an emoji-like feature throughout our markdown or handle this just at import.

---

Sent from forge-allura.apache.org because dev@allura.apache.org is subscribed to https://forge-allura.apache.org/p/allura/tickets/