Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Laxmi Narayan NIT DGP <ni...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/06 07:38:08 UTC

why should i use apache cxf over other webservice library

Hi ,
    I have to convert a very high end web service application which is
written in php to

Java. Traffic will be around 0.01 million requests per second. As far as i
checked after

adding

<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
    <artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxws</artifactId>
    <version>3.1.5</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
    <artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-http</artifactId>
    <version>3.1.5</version>
</dependency>
<dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
    <artifactId>cxf-rt-transports-http-jetty</artifactId>
    <version>3.1.5</version>
</dependency>

I got hell amount of jars.

I really want to keep it as light weight as possible,

i am using spring (i cut down hibernate : i think it will slow down).

I am fan of cxf but looks like for just developing restful web service , we
do not need

that much  like when i tried checking jersey and second reason i think cxf
is more into

SOAP based service (btw i jave experienced that if you just return
something which

looks like json/xml it becomes restful web service). So if cxf is using
some security

or something to make webservice very high performance or make be fast web

service.

Basically , If i am gonna use a number of jar files then it should make a
sense. If I am

going to have the same response and same level from jersey then i will use
jersey.

*Regards,*
*Laxmi Narayan Patel*
*MCA NIT Durgapur (2011-2014)*
*Mob:-    9741292048,8345847473    *

Re: why should i use apache cxf over other webservice library

Posted by Laxmi Narayan NIT DGP <ni...@gmail.com>.
Hi kulp, Thanks for reply. I am already using spring-mvc along with tomcat
and  i am using just following dependency which does not brings a hell of
jar files (Really happy to use cxf.).

  <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.cxf</groupId>
            <artifactId>cxf-rt-frontend-jaxrs</artifactId>
            <version>3.1.3</version>
        </dependency>

*One more questtion in case anybody can reply
:http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35849698/convert-a-soap-kind-of-webservice-to-restful-web-service
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/35849698/convert-a-soap-kind-of-webservice-to-restful-web-service>*

If there is any way to listen on single end point and redirect it to proper
end point. (btw i am using *forward: *to forward it to a proper restful
url.)

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Laxmi narayan patel.

*Regards,*
*Laxmi Narayan Patel*
*MCA NIT Durgapur (2011-2014)*
*Mob:-    9741292048,8345847473    *

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
Few comments/thoughts:

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: why should i use apache cxf over other webservice library

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@gmail.com>.
This question belongs on the user list, not the dev list.