Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Rachael Blank <bl...@mars-systems.com> on 2002/02/15 23:02:21 UTC

FOP: Font problems

Hello!

Thanks in advance for any and all assistance.

I defined many tables containing text in my stylesheet like the following:

<fo:table
      font-family="Times Roman"
      font-size="12pt">
<fo:table-column column-width="1.5in"/>
<fo:table-column column-width="6.0in"/>
   <fo:table-body>
      <fo:table-row>
         <fo:table-cell>
            <fo:block>
                 <!--spacer-->
            </fo:block>
        </fo:table-cell>
        <fo:table-cell>
           <fo:block
                 text-align="start">
                 <xsl:value-of select="concat(lastname, ', ', firstname,
'middlename)" />
           </fo:block>
           </fo:table-cell>
       </fo:table-row>
</fo:table-body>
</fo:table>

I have also tried font-family="serif"

In both cases, the text displays correctly (Times Roman 12pt) on many
computers at my work site and some at remote sites.

BUT...There is one client location that displays this same pdf in 10pt Times
Roman.  She faxed us a copy of the printout to verify.
Our help desk asked her to use the text tool in Acrobat Reader to cut and
paste text from the PDF into MS Word and it was 10pt.  The client also
claims that this is happening on her home computer.

Does anyone have any idea why this is happening?

Thanks!

Rachael