Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com> on 2002/04/16 23:09:35 UTC

RE: cactus 1.3

Rachel,

Well, you only have the problem if you wish to test for returned error
codes like 40x. But for all other tests you don't need the trailing "/".
BTW, it seems a trailing "/" confuses a lot of containers so I would
suggest you remove it (It has been dropped in Cactus 1.3 for that
reason).

> With jdk version 1.3.1 or higher, the above issue is fixed.

No, I don't think so it really is (maybe it is I don't remember).

> So, if the
> '/'
> remains, I start getting the getInputStream exception again.
>
> So, I either have to use the combination of jdk1.3.0 and cactus 1.2,
or
> the
> combination of jdk1.3.1 (or higher) and cactus 1.3.  Is that right?

Bottom line : don't put a trailing "/" in cactus.properties nor in your
web.xml mappings. If you're using Cactus 1.2, one of the samples will
fail but that's normal. This test has been removed in Cactus 1.3 until
we find a better solution (which involves using HttpClient instead of
HttpURLConnection but we haven't done it yet).

> Thanks.
> Rachel

Sorry for the confusion.
Thanks