Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Fang Jian <jx...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/13 20:32:23 UTC

ws-security speed performance

Hi,

I tested the encryption with RSA and the signature
with RSA-SHA1. It seems to me that the processing
speed is really slow. For encryption, it can take up
to 4~5 seconds to encrypt the soap message body.

Since speed performance is critical to real system. I
would like to know if there are any deployed real
systems that utilize WSS4J. How is the speed
performance? Is there any way to improve the speed
performance?

Thanks in advance,

Jian

Re: ws-security speed performance

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes, that includes the time XMLSecurity is set up as well. see static
code inside some of the files like WSSConfig or WSSecurityEngine. One
way to get the time taken (w/o setup) is to execute the same snippet
of code in a loop say 5 times and ignore the first time.

-- dims

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Fang Jian <jx...@yahoo.com>.
Dims,