Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <ki...@apache.org> on 2013/10/23 13:30:49 UTC

Re: Commons functor

Hi Mats!

>Hi, are there any plans for releasing this project?

Yes, I'm already using [functor] in some experiments with fuzzy logic and Jenkins plug-ins, and having fun with JDK 8 lambdas. We still have two open issues before a release though.

>The "Function" I need is a "PredicatedProcedure" ie the procedure is only invoked if the predicate evaluates to true. If we also add the possibility to chain these functors, the result would be a pretty powerful tool.

This would fit in the o.a.c.functor.adapter package I think. There is a NullaryPredicateProcedure in there, but it is missing a PredicateProcedure. You can also use a ConditionalProcedure. Take a look in the adapter and core packages. If you can't find what you need in there, please file an issue in JIRA (patches welcome :o).

Thanks!

Bruno P. Kinoshita
http://kinoshita.eti.br
http://tupilabs.com