Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Mukul <mu...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/06 16:07:03 UTC

Problem deploying SOAP service from Apache SOAP admin tool

Hello ,
I have configured "Apache SOAP Server 2.3.1" with
Tomcat 3.2. Everything is working fine, but I am
facing problem deploying a service from "Apache SOAP
Admin" tool.

I can install the service without problems from the
Apache SOAP command line tool e.g. java
org.apache.soap.server.ServiceManagerClient
http://localhost:8080/soap/servlet/rpcrouter deploy
DeploymentDescriptor.xml (*for the Address Book
example provided with Apache SOAP software*). This
works fine and I am able to call all the methods of
the SOAP service from command line.

But with Apache SOAP Admin tool, the same service is
not getting deployed properly. In the Deploy screen, I
am facing problem while specifying Type Mappings. I
have tried many combinations, but element type is not
appearing correctly. I get an extra string
'http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/' prefixed
with element type. I have tried many combinations, but
element type is not getting created properly.

The service *is* getting deployed, but this problem is
occuring, and I get an exception on DOS windows that
*no valid serializer defined* when I invoke a method
from command line.

I trying debugging the problem by deploying the
Address book example from command line, and observing
the parameter values created for the service in SOAP
Admin tool. I have tried giving the same values from
the Admin tool while attempting to deploy the service.
But I am getting the above error.

Can somebody please help.

Regards,
Mukul