Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Curtiss Howard <cu...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/03 13:39:16 UTC

Re: [Core] Annotation processing discussion (attn: Jan Kees)

> Sounds like a good plan. We can elaborate on this. But first, I'd like to
> clean up the current FacesConfigurator class (split up into some
> ConfiguratorStrategy classes). This will make it easier to work on the
> codebase together without having annoying merge conflicts. I can do this
> quite quickly I think...

Thanks JK!  Is there a JIRA issue opened for this or should I open
one?  I also don't mind contributing some of the code to get this off
the ground.

Thanks,

Curtiss Howard

Re: [Core] Annotation processing discussion (attn: Jan Kees)

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.
2009/3/3 Curtiss Howard <cu...@gmail.com>:
> Well, my intention with the interface I proposed is to have the
> implementation set up xbean-finder (or whatever the case may be) when
> the impl class is created via the factory.  That would in fact take
> care of all the problems my group and I would reasonably encounter.
> I.e., the default MyFaces impl for AnnotationScanner would configure
> xbean-finder as it is now (which is entirely appropriate for a
> lightweight environment like Tomcat) or perhaps use your bytecode
> scanner.  Our impl, on the other hand, would do some other magic for
> our environment.  With a pluggable AnnotationScannerFactory that
> passes in the FacesContext when creating AnnotationScanner instances,
> I think every base is adequately covered.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Curtiss Howard

An initial structure has been committed into SVN. I'm not done yet,
since I didn't want to modify too much of the existing codebase and
time is limited. However, the XML and annotation configuration stuff
is at least separated, so you can start doing your thing without the
risk of major merge conflicts.

Regards,
Jan-Kees

Re: [Core] Annotation processing discussion (attn: Jan Kees)

Posted by Curtiss Howard <cu...@gmail.com>.
Well, my intention with the interface I proposed is to have the
implementation set up xbean-finder (or whatever the case may be) when
the impl class is created via the factory.  That would in fact take
care of all the problems my group and I would reasonably encounter.
I.e., the default MyFaces impl for AnnotationScanner would configure
xbean-finder as it is now (which is entirely appropriate for a
lightweight environment like Tomcat) or perhaps use your bytecode
scanner.  Our impl, on the other hand, would do some other magic for
our environment.  With a pluggable AnnotationScannerFactory that
passes in the FacesContext when creating AnnotationScanner instances,
I think every base is adequately covered.

Thanks,

Curtiss Howard

Posted by Jan-Kees van Andel <ja...@gmail.com>.