Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com> on 2001/06/27 21:17:14 UTC

Let the games begin...

<http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/cn/20010627/tc/microsoft_announces_shared-sour
ce_strategy_1.html>

As previously predicted, M$ is starting to play the game where they give out
the source code for their C# language as well as port it to non-OSS
platforms...

One more thing to notice is the OSS M$ platform of choice...FreeBSD...not
Linux. Duh.

Sun still doesn't have an official JVM for FreeBSD...even though it is the
#1 RFE...by an astonishing amount...

<http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/top25rfes.html>

-jon

Re: Let the games begin...

Posted by Michael Rimov <ri...@centercomp.com>.
At 12:17 PM 6/27/2001 -0700, you wrote:
><http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/cn/20010627/tc/microsoft_announces_shared-sour
>ce_strategy_1.html>
>
>As previously predicted, M$ is starting to play the game where they give out
>the source code for their C# language as well as port it to non-OSS
>platforms...

What a joke of an article!  Letsee... MS owns 30-35 PERCENT of Corel, I
wonder why they're "working" with them. :-)  So in reality, they ain't
sharing their source with anybody.  Nice ploy though.

Thanks for sharing it Jon!
                                         -Mike