Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Leslie Harlley Watter <le...@watter.org> on 2004/03/10 02:58:08 UTC

Help Upgrading DB

Hallo,

I have a problem on updating my subversion database here.
Some days ago I update to subversion 1.0.0 but forgot to dump my databases
first.

Is there another way to dump my database? I think I had subversion 0.32
before, but don't have conviction.

---------------------
11:46  leslie@Cronos leslie> svnadmin dump /mnt/ufpr/lava/ > lava_dump
svn: Expected version '3' of repository; found version '2'

11:47  leslie@Cronos leslie> rpm -qa | grep subversion
subversion-server-1.0.0-50221cl
subversion-1.0.0-50221cl

11:47  leslie@Cronos leslie> rpm -qa | grep db
db4-4.0.14-25183cl
db2-2.4.14-22052cl
db4.2-utils-4.2.52-41785cl
db3.1-3.1.17-24729cl
db1-1.85-22067cl
db4.2-4.2.52-41785cl

----------------------------

Subversion use db4.2 when I create the database.

I had tried to dump the databases with 0.37 and it doesn't work here :(

Someone can dump the database or help me doing this?

The database (17Mb): http://www.lezz.org/tmp/lava_svn.tgz

Thanks in advance

Leslie
--
Home Page  ---------------- http://www.lezz.org/
Inside a dog it's too dark to read.

Re: Help Upgrading DB

Posted by Mathieu Sauve-Frankel <ms...@kisoku.net>.
On Fri, Mar 12, 2004 at 05:40:15PM -0300, Leslie Harlley Watter wrote:

Have you tried Berkeley DB's db_recover command ?
Change to your repository's db subdirectory and run it either as root
or someone who has read/write access to the db.

$ cd /path/to/repo/db
$ sudo db_recover

This should take care of your db runrecovery errors.

--
Mathieu Sauve-Frankel
msf@kisoku.net

Re: Help Upgrading DB

Posted by Leslie Harlley Watter <le...@watter.org>.
>) > attached is the output of 1m of an:
>) > strace ./svnadmin-0.31 recover tmp/ufpr/lava/ . 1> strace_log 2>&1
>)
>) Your attachement got lost somewhere.
>)

oh :(

>) I actually downloaded lava_svn.tgz when you posted your original email. I
>) dumped it with svnadmin-0.33.1, but then I saw Ben's reply, and figured
>) you'd have solved the problem already.

Unfortunately not.

>) So, you can download http://centaur.robinson.cam.ac.uk/~mob22/lavadump.bz2
>)
>) Or, you could try unpacking your own lava_svn.tgz, and trying to dump that,
>) as it seems that something has happened to your database since you tarred it
>) up and put in on your webserver.
>)

Thanks a lot Max. I'll try both.

Cheers,

LEslie
--
Página Pessoal ------------ http://www.lezz.org/

Re: Help Upgrading DB

Posted by Max Bowsher <ma...@ukf.net>.
Leslie Harlley Watter wrote:
> Thanks Ben,
>
> Unfortunately, even with a svnadmin-0.31 or svnadmin-0.32 I cannot dump
> the database :((
>
> the output of a svnadmin-0.31:

> 02:15  leslie@Cronos leslie> ./svnadmin-0.31 dump tmp/ufpr/lava/ >
lava_dump
> svn: Berkeley DB error
> svn: Berkeley DB error while opening environment for filesystem
> tmp/ufpr/lava/db:
> DB_RUNRECOVERY: Fatal error, run database recovery
>
> attached is the output of 1m of an:
> strace ./svnadmin-0.31 recover tmp/ufpr/lava/ . 1> strace_log 2>&1

Your attachement got lost somewhere.

> What more can I do ?
>
> Is there any way to recover this database?

I actually downloaded lava_svn.tgz when you posted your original email. I
dumped it with svnadmin-0.33.1, but then I saw Ben's reply, and figured
you'd have solved the problem already.

So, you can download http://centaur.robinson.cam.ac.uk/~mob22/lavadump.bz2

Or, you could try unpacking your own lava_svn.tgz, and trying to dump that,
as it seems that something has happened to your database since you tarred it
up and put in on your webserver.

Max.

Re: Help Upgrading DB

Posted by Leslie Harlley Watter <le...@watter.org>.
Thanks Ben,

Database at: http://www.lezz.org/tmp/lava_svn.tgz

Re: Help Upgrading DB

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
Leslie Harlley Watter wrote:

> I had tried to dump the databases with 0.37 and it doesn't work here :(

0.34 was the db schema change.  So you need to 'svnadmin dump' using an
svnadmin that is less than 0.33, then 'svnadmin load' using a 1.0 svnadmin.