Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Samantha Nguyen <sa...@epicentric.com> on 2001/09/13 20:42:48 UTC

problem with tomcat4.0.7-beta-Apache2.0.16-beta serving JSP pages

Hi All,

I just recently installed tomcat4.0.7-beta and apache2.0.16-beta on my sparc
solaris 7 box. I am able to start both of the process, but I am unable to
get tomcat to serve up JSP pages. One thing I've noticed from various
documentations is to configure httpd.conf file to indicate where
mod_proxy.so (or an other documentations libproxy.so) resides. However, I am
unable to locate the mod_proxy.so/libproxy.so modules anywhere, nor am I
able to generate it using the apxs command.

If you have successfully configured Apache2.0-Tomcat4.0 to server JSP pages,
your help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

--
Sam

Tomcat 4 Standalone not running, NullPointerException..

Posted by Rajah Kalipatnapu <ra...@soundpipe.com>.
I successfully built tomcat 4, and when I try to run it as a standalone
server, I get this error in catalina.out. Any body faced this before, any
solution.

Thank you.

Contents from catalina.out

Starting service Tomcat-Standalone Apache Tomcat/4.0-rc1
java.lang.NullPointerException at
java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:380) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.setResources(ContainerBase.java:747)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.setResources(StandardContext.java:1
090) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3328) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1123) at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1123) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:307) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:388) at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:505) at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:776) at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:681) at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179) at
java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method) at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:212)