Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by Debashis Tripathy <de...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/07 10:09:42 UTC

Re: XML4C Query

Hello,

A follow up question from me. I currently use XML4C v5.4 (which includes
Xerces2.4 & ICU2.6). If I migrate to Xerces 2.7, would that require a lot of
changes? In other words, are the interface APIs of XML4C and Xerces the
same? Will the existing API calls still work, if I replace XML4C with
Xerces?

In addition, any ideas on how I can build Xerces2.7 along with ICU 3.6.1, so
that the resulting binaries would behave exactly like a binary distributrion
of XML4C?

Any response would be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
Debashis

--
Debashis Tripathy
+91 9937026725  (Mobile)

Re: XML4C Query

Posted by Alberto Massari <am...@datadirect.com>.
At 14.39 07/12/2006 +0530, Debashis Tripathy wrote:
>Hello,
>
>A follow up question from me. I currently use XML4C v5.4 (which includes
>Xerces2.4 & ICU2.6). If I migrate to Xerces 2.7, would that require a lot of
>changes? In other words, are the interface APIs of XML4C and Xerces the
>same? Will the existing API calls still work, if I replace XML4C with
>Xerces?
>
>In addition, any ideas on how I can build Xerces2.7 along with ICU 3.6.1, so
>that the resulting binaries would behave exactly like a binary distributrion
>of XML4C?

You can use the scripts/packageBinaries.pl helper script; if you
specify the -t icu switch it will build ICU from the sources, change
the project file to pick up ICU and build everything.

Alberto

RE: XML4C Query

Posted by Jesse Pelton <js...@PKC.com>.
You can get details of the changes between versions at
http://xml.apache.org/xerces-c/migrate.html.  The APIs are generally
quite stable (being based on public DOM standards), but sometimes (as in
version 2.6) there are deletions or modifications.  Whether you're
affected depends on your code, of course.