Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Antonio Gomes Rodrigues <ra...@gmail.com> on 2017/11/11 23:24:12 UTC

Add more informations (metadata) to JMeter result

Hi,

For the moment, JMeter generate a csv or jtl at the end of the test.

With https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/313, we can have more information

I think we need to produce more information to make a better and useful
Dynamic HTML report.

In particularity I would like to have "Thread Group information" as the
number of users, ramp up end...

It will allow to have these information in the Dynamic HTML report like
other commercial tools and when we read again the report later to remember
the context of the load test.

My proposition is to merge this PR and find a solution to have "Thread
Group information."

We can do it by adding some line in csv file (but I think it can break a
lot of tier utilities) or produce a new file with these information in
addition to csv file.

Are you ok?

Antonio

Re: Add more informations (metadata) to JMeter result

Posted by Philippe Mouawad <ph...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

Any thoughts on this  and what shall we do with:

   - https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/313

After further thinking, IMO merging the PR does not look to me a good
solution.

But being able to add comments to the Report is needed:

   - Simple one : General Comment on test known before running it
   - More complex one : Comment on test after analyzing it

For the first one:

   - We could use the Test Plan comments field and add it to the HTML report

@Antonio, the Thread Group information is contained into Active Threads
Over time no ?

What additional information would you put ?

Thanks

--
Cordialement.
Philippe Mouawad.