Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Olivier Billard <ob...@rennes.jouve.fr> on 2003/05/21 15:39:30 UTC

How to keep own sitemap clean between CVS updates ?

Hi all !!

I think the thread of my previous mail was not very attractive nor very
clear...

I'm trying to use the most recent Cocoon for my project, to follow the fixes
of the milestones versions.
But to keep my components configurations and to keep my project sitemap
"clean" I would like to (until project production) keep it in a project.xmap
file and reference it in sitemap.xmap, this file changing sometimes after a
CVS update/build webapp.

My question is : what is the most efficient way to do this ?
Or what is the best way to keep my own sitemap configuration (components
configurations and pipelines) between two CVS update/build sequences ?

1 - Add <map:mount> element in a <map:pipeline> if possible in the
sitemap.xmap
<map:pipelines>
    <map:pipeline>
        <map:mount check-reload="yes" src="project.xmap" uri-prefix=""/>
    </map:pipeline>
 </map:pipelines>

2 - Some very wonderfull but very secret patch system created just for this
use.
3 - anything else ?

Many thanks in advance

--
Olivier

Re: How to keep own sitemap clean between CVS updates ?

Posted by Olivier Billard <ob...@rennes.jouve.fr>.
Hi Giacomo,

I reposted the mail because I only sent it to you the first time...
Sorry if it appeared to you as a lack of trust ! :) I didn't received your
answer before reposting.

I'm less-than-6-month new to Cocoon, and I don't know the best manner to
developp a webapp with cocoon, and to use Ant to do this. And the Cocoon-doc
doesn't seems to talk about it, but maybe haven't I read all this stuff...

What I'm doing is have a dev-webapp folder where I point the JETTY_WEBAPP
var. It's quick to change the sitemap or any file, but it's true that it's
not the best way to go.

So what you suggest is to have a dev folder for the project, and add an ant
task for copying the project files in the build/webapp folder ?
But isn't it a little bit boring to run a build anytime you modify your
sitemap or other files ?
Is that the way your working ? I'm curious to know more about it.

Thanks again for your answer !

--
Olivier

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.