Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/29 21:13:41 UTC

[core] quick fix release for 2.0.8 / 2.1.2

Hi

Today we found an issue enough important to force a quick fix release:

MYFACES-3294 REGRESSION: 2.0.7->2.0.8: Facets lost after validation
error POST-back

I know it is possible to skip it adding this param to web.xml:

      <context-param>
        <param-name>org.apache.myfaces.SAVE_STATE_WITH_VISIT_TREE_ON_PSS</param-name>
        <param-value>false</param-value>
      </context-param>

but the are two problems:

1. Trinidad requires MyFaces Core PSS algorithm to use visit tree and
a new release of trinidad (2.1) will be started next week.
2. The bug makes state get lost, which is not nice.

So, if no objections I'll start another release procedure beginning next week.

regards,

Leonardo Uribe