Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Bhide, Atul" <ab...@cybersource.com> on 2002/03/06 02:49:40 UTC

Tomcat 4.0.3 + Apache 2.0.32

I am trying to integrate tomcat 4.0.3 & apache 2.0.32 using mod_jk 1.2. I
downloaded "jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.2-01-src" and compiled the source
for mod_jk. I used the following commands

ant
ant native
ant install

It produced 2 mod_jk.so file in the following directories

/home/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.2-01-src/jk/build/WEB-INF/jk/apache2
/mod_jk.so   &
/home/src/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-4.0.2-01-src/jk/build/WEB-INF/jk2/apache
2/mod_jk.so

I initially copied the "jk/apache2/mod_jk.so" file to
/usr/local/apache/modules directory and started tomcat. Then I started
apache2. Apache loaded the mod_jk.so file. but it simply failed to work and
the URL "http://localhost/examples came up with an error "jakarta-servlet"
not found.

I then shut down both the servers and copied the "jk2/apache2/mod_jk.so"
file to /usr/local/apache/modules directory and started tomcat. Then I
started apache2. the URL "http://localhost/examples came up with an proper
page that of directory listing. But when I clicked on the "jsp" link on the
directory listing the browser went into a infinite wait. When I looked at
the error_log, it was quickly getting filled with the following messages:

[Tue Mar 05 17:32:23 2002] [notice] child pid 17247 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

repeated at least 5 time a second till I clicked the Stop button on my
browser.

Any idea why the mod_jk is not working. The documentation does talk about
the module being compatible with Apache 2.0.

I have RedHat 7.2 as my OS with Tomcat 4.0.3 & Apache 2.0.32.

Am I using wrong FILES/TECHNIQUES/SETUP/PROCESS? I would appreciate and
ideas as to what is going on in there whit mod_jk.

Thanks in advance!

Cheers, Atul :)

Help: Logging username (j_username) during login attempt

Posted by Rob Cartier <rc...@snet.net>.
I got my login working with SSL and for now the use of the
tomcat-users.xml file

 I would like to log all login attempts both success and failure.
What is the best way to capture the information

I only need the username from the j_username attempt

I am able to get the rest that I want from the cgi variables

Any and all help would be appreciated

Robert Cartier
112 Fieldbrook Rd
Middletown, Ct. 06457-1746

Re: Tomcat 4.0.3 + Apache 2.0.32

Posted by chad kellerman <ck...@alabanza.com>.

I am not sure about mod jk, but in order to get webapp module to load and answer pases tomcat needs to be started first before apache.  If that does not work send in a copy of the tomcat/logs/ files.  I am pretty sure mad_jk write to catalina.out.

tomcat/bin/startup.sh  starts up tomcat

-chad