Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by egolan74 <eg...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/16 11:05:53 UTC

Reading an attribute that is set in a CSS file as a class

Hello,
Suppose I have a CSS file that is used in our application (HeaderContributer
etc.)
In this file I have many classes.
Suppose I want to get an attribute that is in one of these classes.
Example:
In my CSS file I have:
.colored-table {
  border: thin;
  background-color: #BBBBBB
}

I want in Wicket code something like:
getClassAttributeFromCss(CSS_File, attributeName).
And, putting in CSS file the location of that file (same methods as in the
HeaderContributor.forCss).
Putting "background-color" in the second parameter.

Result: #BBBBBB

Is it possible?

-----
Eyal Golan
egolan74@gmail.com

Visit:  http://jvdrums.sourceforge.net/ JVDrums
LinkedIn:  http://www.linkedin.com/in/egolan74 LinkedIn

Re: Reading an attribute that is set in a CSS file as a class

Posted by Eyal Golan <eg...@gmail.com>.
James,
Yes, I would like you to send an example of this route.
It looks as this is what I need.

thanks

Eyal Golan
egolan74@gmail.com

Visit: http://jvdrums.sourceforge.net/
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/egolan74

P  Save a tree. Please don't print this e-mail unless it's really necessary

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
And, in case anyone's interested, here's a new WIKI page for it:

http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/WICKET/Dynamically+Generate+a+CSS+Stylesheet

Posted by jwcarman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Steve Swinsburg <s....@lancaster.ac.uk>.
I understand you need to match some attributes, but I don't understand
why the CSS can't just have an extra class containing the attributes
you need. Where does the CSS come from? Is it fixed or does it change
a lot, ie via user specified/uploaded skins etc?

cheers,
Steve

Posted by Eyal Golan <eg...@gmail.com>.
Stephen,

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Thanks for the tip, Ernesto.  I'll check it out.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Ernesto Reinaldo Barreiro <re...@gmail.com>.
I see two options: