Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Simon Gillet <si...@student.uclouvain.be> on 2007/07/29 18:15:32 UTC

[Commons SCXML] ECMAScript support

Hello,

I'm a student and I'm doing my thesis about CCXML and SCXML.
I'm trying to do some tests with "Commons SCXML" but I'm surprised.
It seems that it doesn't support ECMAScript expressions in any place.
It use JEXL en EL.
I believed that a SCXML interpreter MUST support ECMAScript compact
profile.
Is there a way to enable commons SCXML to parse ECMAScript expressions?

Thank you
--

Simon Gillet
simon.gillet@student.uclouvain.be

Re: [Commons SCXML] ECMAScript support

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 7/29/07, Simon Gillet <si...@student.uclouvain.be> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm a student and I'm doing my thesis about CCXML and SCXML.
> I'm trying to do some tests with "Commons SCXML" but I'm surprised.
> It seems that it doesn't support ECMAScript expressions in any place.
> It use JEXL en EL.
<snip/>

Those two out of the box, yes.

> I believed that a SCXML interpreter MUST support ECMAScript compact
> profile.
<snap/>

True, thats what the current WD says. However, the datamodel module of
the spec is in reasonable amount of flux (as I understand it), and I'm
not sure if that statement will hold for the next WD. I intend to
wait.

> Is there a way to enable commons SCXML to parse ECMAScript expressions?

<snip/>

Yes, but with some work. A corresponding ECMAContext and ECMAEvaluator
will need to be authored. More on that here [1].

-Rahul

[1] http://commons.apache.org/scxml/guide/contexts-evaluators.html