Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Bob Dionne <di...@dionne-associates.com> on 2012/05/09 15:33:40 UTC

Re: Users' Wish-list

it's interesting, I"m not sure how large or broad a user sampling this is but the top three requests seem to be:

1. Chained map/reduce

2. Partial doc updates

3. Native FTI

I don't quite get #2 but #1 and #3 have been around a long time

Re: Users' Wish-list

Posted by Mark Hahn <ma...@hahnca.com>.
>   "partial updates" can be easy to work-around using update handlers.

I'm doing that, but extra js runs on my server and on the db.  It is messy.

Re: Users' Wish-list

Posted by Mark Hahn <ma...@hahnca.com>.

Re: Users' Wish-list

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
the "partial update" feature would have the same semantics as a
document updated mediated by an update handler anyway, though more
efficient (no need to call javascript when the transformation function
is defined).

B.

Re: Users' Wish-list

Posted by Robert Newson <rn...@apache.org>.

Re: Users' Wish-list

Posted by Alon Keren <al...@gmail.com>.

Re: Users' Wish-list

Posted by Mark Hahn <ma...@hahnca.com>.
>  2. Partial doc updates

> I don't quite get #2

Simple.  Just do an `extend` on a doc instead of replacing it.

Re: Users' Wish-list

Posted by Mark Hahn <ma...@hahnca.com>.

Re: Users' Wish-list

Posted by Alon Keren <al...@gmail.com>.