Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by rh...@telerama.com on 2002/10/16 15:10:09 UTC

svg looks bad on screen, but not in print?

Hello.
Just a general question.  I have a pdf with a svg graph on it.  It does
not look very good on screen, but it will print out nicely.
Any clues as to why it is working this way?

Of course the pdf is generated by fo,fop and the svg is coming from batik.

Thanks!
Phillip

RE: svg looks bad on screen, but not in print?

Posted by "Michel Lehon (LLN)" <ml...@lln.outwares.com>.
Phillip,

I'll jump on this one as for once I can answer ;)

By default Acrobat reader does not smooth line art (i.e. SVG)
You cnage the setting in Acrobat reader
In the preference Windows, display, check the smooth line art box.

It'll look better, but display will be much slower if your graphics are
complex.

Michel Lehon
Outwares.