Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Trond Hjelmaas <th...@cse.unsw.edu.au> on 2002/11/27 08:53:08 UTC

Execute web services in chains (peer2peer - fire and forget?)

Hi,

this is part of another thread, but has changed focus.

I actually don't need a return value from a web service, the reason is
that I want several web services (ws) to execute in a
chain manner.
1 - Say that a client/user calls ws1, ws1 calls ws2 which calls ws3.
2 - I don't want ws1 to hang and wait for answer, but continue to
execute (fire and forget invocation)
3 - After ws3 is finished it will note ws1 (not by returning a value to
ws2 which returns value to ws1) but by calling ws1 directly

..in short, every ws on the way will only send message forward to
another ws and don't return a reply (never look back)

The 2  major issues are
-how to get ws1 to continue executing (using thread that waits for
reponse is not wanted, I want a peer2peer execution)
-in ws1 how to map the 'answer' from ws3 to the correct request (say ws1
has 100 users)

This problem is hard to communicate with few words.

Suggstions/views are appriciated!

Thanx again!