Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Robert Harrison <rh...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/04 19:38:35 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] VirtualHost Directory Not Found

Okay.

I copied a fresh default-server.conf into /etc/apache2.  It has the
DocumentRoot and <Directory> stanzas.  I added NameVirtualHost
aaa.xxx.yyy.zzz:80 to it.

Here is a fresh copy of the VirtualHost configuration.  I turned
CanonicalNames on and removed the Options and AllowOverride lines from
the <Directory> statments. Here's what the revised VirualHost config
looks like.

<VirtualHost aaa.xxx.yyy.zzz80>
    ServerAdmin rharri@domain.com
    ServerName www.domain.com
    ServerAlias domain.com
    DocumentRoot "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps5/ROOT"
    ErrorLog "/var/log/apache2/-error_log"
    CustomLog "/var/log/apache2/access_log" combined
    HostnameLookups Off
    UseCanonicalName On
    ServerSignature On

    <Directory "/usr/local/tomcat/webapps5/ROOT">
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
    </Directory>
</VirtualHost>

The  sites using Tomcat are on different IPs (not NamedVirtualHost)
and have the following added to their configuration:

    <Location "/WEB-INF/">
      AllowOverride None
      Order deny,allow
      deny from all
    </Location>

apachectl -S is without error and recognizes the NamedVirtualHosts
(what does the ":2" at the end of "conf" indicate?).
:
Yet, when any of the sites are accessed,  the DocumentRoot used is
"/srv/www/htdocs"  (from default-server.conf).

Any suggestions? Is this an Apache problem?

Bob