Posted to user-java@ibatis.apache.org by Rick <ri...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/26 19:23:46 UTC

[OT sort of] If using Tomcat, what would you use to hook into slqlmapclient flushDataCache (and change logging)?

In this current Tomcat web app I'm going to need a way to A) switch
the logging level of the webapp on the fly (from info/warn to maybe
debug) and B) a way to manually flush all ibatis caches without
restarting the application.  I see a SqlMapClient implementation has a
flushDataCache method to flush the complete cache.

I'm curious, though, what you guys that have worked with Tomcat use to
help in these tasks? JMX/MBeans are easy with JBoss but when briefly
researching this for Tomcat I amazed at the lack of documentation and
examples. Because the information is so sparse, I'm assuming people
create hooks into their app by other means? Is the easiest just to
create some protected admin page as part of your webapp and just hook
into a servlet to make the calls?

What is the approach most take when they want to accomplish the above
tasks using a simple appserver?

Thanks

--
Rick