Posted to xsp-dev@xml.apache.org by Ulrich Mayring <ul...@mayring.de> on 2002/03/12 00:14:53 UTC

XSP outside of Cocoon

Hello folks,

I haven't found a list archive on the cocoon homepage for this list, so
I can only hope it still exists and that I don't repeat an old question :)

My question: what is the current state of XSP as to its re-usability
outside of cocoon? I am interested in incorporating XSP in another Java program.

I can imagine that there are some dependencies with cocoon's cache,
classloader and perhaps other parts - is it realistic to take XSP out of
cocoon and make it work? I'm not talking about a commercial effort here,
just some private fun.

And, finally: what part of the cocoon sources do I have to look at?

By the way, I know next to nothing about cocoon2 (I installed it and
that's basically it), but am fairly familiar with cocoon1.

thanks for any pointers,

Ulrich

Re: XSP outside of Cocoon

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On Tue, 12 Mar 2002, Ulrich Mayring wrote:

> Hello folks,
>
> I haven't found a list archive on the cocoon homepage for this list, so
> I can only hope it still exists and that I don't repeat an old question :)
>
> My question: what is the current state of XSP as to its re-usability
> outside of cocoon? I am interested in incorporating XSP in another Java program.
>
> I can imagine that there are some dependencies with cocoon's cache,
> classloader and perhaps other parts - is it realistic to take XSP out of
> cocoon and make it work? I'm not talking about a commercial effort here,
> just some private fun.

I'm part way through extracting AxKit's implementation into just a SAX
filter. So yes, it's doable, and definitely worth it. Sorry I can't help
on the Java side of things though.

--
<!-- Matt -->
<:->Get a smart net</:->