Posted to users@solr.apache.org by "Kien, Theo" <Th...@bis.org.INVALID> on 2021/08/25 13:36:46 UTC

Suggester only returning on suggestion

Dear Solr user community,

I have started to use the Solr 8.9 suggester. The definition is as follows:

{
   "searchComponent":{
      "suggest_test":{
         "name":"suggest_test",
         "class":"solr.SuggestComponent",
         "suggester":{
            "name":"combinedSuggester",
            "lookupImpl":"BlendedInfixLookupFactory",
            "indexPath":"/var/solr/sprint2/suggester",
            "dictionaryImpl":"DocumentDictionaryFactory",
            "field":"COMBINED",
            "suggestAnalyzerFieldType":"text_general",
            "buildOnStartup":"false",
            "buildOnCommit":"false"
         }
      }
   },
   "requestHandler":{
      "/suggest":{
         "name":"/suggest",
         "class":"solr.SearchHandler",
         "startup":"lazy",
         "defaults":{
            "suggest":"true",
            "suggest.count":"10",
            "suggest.dictionary":"combinedSuggester"
         },
         "components":[
            "suggest_test"
         ]
      }
   }
}

When I tested this on a relatively small set of documents, it was working as expected.
For example, when requesting "suggest?q=south" it would return "south africa" and "south korea" as suggestions.
Now, on a different core with more documents, the same query returns "south africa", but "suggest?q=south k" still return "south korea".

Does anybody have an idea why this is the case and how I can debug the behaviour of the suggester?

Thanks in advance.
Best regards
Theo Kien

Disclaimer

This e-mail message and any attachments (“message”) may contain confidential, privileged or proprietary information and is intended solely for the use of the named recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient, you may not disclose, copy, distribute or retain any part of this message. If you have received this message in error, please inform the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this message from your system. The BIS is not liable for any error in the content of this message and does not represent that it is uncorrupted and/or free of viruses. Views expressed in this message are those of the author and may not reflect those of the BIS.

By exchanging e-mails with the BIS it is understood that the BIS may collect, store and further use e-mail addresses and other personal information which may be provided therein. The BIS will treat such information as confidential.