Posted to dev@zookeeper.apache.org by Li Wang <li...@gmail.com> on 2022/01/13 23:26:50 UTC

Re: Cutting 3.7.1 release?

Hello,

Any updates on the 3.7.1 release? There are some enhancements we would like
to pick up and they are not available in 3.7.0.

Thanks,

Li

Re: Cutting 3.7.1 release?

Posted by Li Wang <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Enrico,

Regarding the issue/patch  https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1770, I
have some comments below.

Please let me know if anything I can help.

Best,

Li

On Tue, Jan 18, 2022 at 12:06 PM Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Li,
>
> Il Ven 14 Gen 2022, 00:27 Li Wang <li...@gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Any updates on the 3.7.1 release? There are some enhancements we would
>> like to pick up and they are not available in 3.7.0.
>>

> I wanted to see this patch committed
> https://github.com/apache/zookeeper/pull/1770
>
> Or, better, the problem fixed

Does the issue occur only when using the "ruok" command? Checking the code,
it seems to be applicable to other commands too. We use `srvr` command for
health-check in k8s env and didn't see the issue so far. If using the NIO
connection is not an option, are there other  possible workarounds? For
example:

1. Using the admin http requests instead of the 4lw commands for health
check
2. Tuning the liveness and readiness probe properties
(e.g. InitialDelaySeconds, FailureThreshold, etc)

Please let me know if anything I can help on this.

Re: Cutting 3.7.1 release?

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Li,