Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Edwin Handaya <ed...@yahoo.com> on 2004/09/10 16:33:06 UTC

[users@httpd] problem after installing apache 2

hi

i'll go straightly to the problem.
after installing apache 2 as a service (port 80) on my winxp sp2 (IIS not installed), i tried to
test if apache is running well but all i get is error message in apache logs as below:

[Fri Sep 10 21:47:34 2004] [error] (OS 10038)An operation was attempted on something that is not a
socket.  : Child 2008: Encountered too many errors accepting client connections. Possible causes:
dynamic address renewal, or incompatible VPN or firewall software. Try using the
Win32DisableAcceptEx directive.

could someone please tell me what should i do to solve this problem?
thank you in advance for your help

sincerely

Edwin

=====
the man of tomorrow is forged by his battle today

Re: [users@httpd] problem after installing apache 2

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 10 Sep 2004 07:33:06 -0700 (PDT), Edwin Handaya
<ed...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi
>
> i'll go straightly to the problem.
> after installing apache 2 as a service (port 80) on my winxp sp2 (IIS not installed), i tried to
> test if apache is running well but all i get is error message in apache logs as below:
>
> [Fri Sep 10 21:47:34 2004] [error] (OS 10038)An operation was attempted on something that is not a
> socket.  : Child 2008: Encountered too many errors accepting client connections. Possible causes:
> dynamic address renewal, or incompatible VPN or firewall software. Try using the
> Win32DisableAcceptEx directive.
>
> could someone please tell me what should i do to solve this problem?
> thank you in advance for your help

The solution is in the error message, but I'll be a little more explicit:

- Open httpd.conf
- Go to the end
- Add "Win32DisableAcceptEx" on a new line
- Restart apache

Joshua.