Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Fischer <Ma...@doubleSlash.de> on 2006/06/28 12:34:37 UTC

Problems with messages

Hello,

I have a dataScroller and a dataTable in my page.
There are also some fields that are used as a search mask and a search
button calling a searchAction in the backing bean.
In this search action I generate a global message (no client id) if no
data could be found.
However this message never displays.

Strangely, in my logs written by a phase listener I find that the
message has successfully been generated in the INVOKE_APPLICATION phase.
Apparently the RESTORE_VIEW is called after the INVOKE_APPLICATION phase
which seems strange to me. Shouldn't be RENDER_RESPONSE be the next
phase after INVOKE_APPLICATION?
Anyway, here the message is no more there and neither is it in the
following RENDER_RESPONSE phase.

Anybody an idea concerning that behaviour?

Kind regards from the Lake of Constance
Matthias

ADDENDUM: Problems with messages

Posted by Matthias Fischer <Ma...@doubleSlash.de>.
I am using Tiles. However the messages tag is not within a subview, it's
in the page layout tile.
The components mentioned below are located within a subview "contents".
The contents of this subview are passed into the pagelayout via tiles.