Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ingo Reinhart <ir...@i-dev.biz> on 2004/05/12 16:05:04 UTC

Properties-Question

Hello!

I have done:

svn propset copyright '(c) 2004 by foobar' my_file.txt

and than commit the file. All fine.

In the file I have written "$copyright$", but this property will not replace
with the text "(c) ....".

Can't svn replace only its own keywords?

Grets from Germany,

Ingo

Re: Properties-Question

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 2004-05-12 at 11:05, Ingo Reinhart wrote:

> Can't svn replace only its own keywords?

There are no custom keywords (yet).  There's a patch-in-progress for
this feature in svn 1.1.  But svn 1.0 only understands 5 specific
keywords.

Re: Properties-Question

Posted by Francois Beausoleil <fb...@users.sourceforge.net>.
On Wed, 12 May 2004 18:05:04 +0200, "Ingo Reinhart" <ir...@i-dev.biz> said:
> Hello!
>
> I have done:
>
> svn propset copyright '(c) 2004 by foobar' my_file.txt
>
> and than commit the file. All fine.
>
> In the file I have written "$copyright$", but this property will not
> replace
> with the text "(c) ....".
>
> Can't svn replace only its own keywords?

Nope, it can't.  Also, remember that you'd have to propset svn:keywords
with "copyright" in it too.

There are plans for Subversion to be able to replace any keywords with
property values.

Bye !
François
Developer of Java Gui Builder
http://jgb.sourceforge.net/

Re: Properties-Question

Posted by John Peacock <jp...@rowman.com>.
Ingo Reinhart wrote:

> In the file I have written "$copyright$", but this property will not replace
> with the text "(c) ....".
>
> Can't svn replace only its own keywords?

That's correct.  Only the keywords listed in the documentation (book) are
supported currently.  There is an outstanding patch which will make it possible
to support user defined keywords, but it is still under review and requires
additional changes to fully support them.

John

--
John Peacock
Rowman & Littlefield Publishing Group