Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Bert Lamb <al...@pobox.com> on 2006/10/12 00:35:46 UTC

Runtime Implementation not found when running sample Webapps

I just updated to HEAD today (clean source tree, clean local maven
repo) and I am trying to run the helloworldjsonrpc and the
helloworldws samples and I am getting the following when trying to
deploy them in Tomcat.  My gut is telling me that the tuscany war
plugin has misplaced a jar or something, but I am not sure how to
track that down.  Any ideas?

SEVERE: Runtime Implementation not found
org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.TuscanyInitException: Runtime Implementation n
ot found
        at org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebappUtilImpl.getRuntime(WebappUti
lImpl.java:75)
        at org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.TuscanyContextListener.contextIniti
alized(TuscanyContextListener.java:57)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContex
t.java:3729)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4
187)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase
.java:759)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:73
9)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:809)

        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:698
)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:472
)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1122)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java
:310)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(Lifecycl
eSupport.java:119)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)

        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442
)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:4
50)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709
)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)
java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces
sorImpl.java:25)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:294)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.W
ebappRuntimeImpl
        at org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebappUtilImpl.getRuntime(WebappUti
lImpl.java:68)
        ... 25 more
Oct 11, 2006 6:29:58 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext listenerStart
SEVERE: Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of clas
s org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.TuscanyContextListener
[...]

Oct 11, 2006 6:29:58 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Error listenerStart
Oct 11, 2006 6:29:58 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
SEVERE: Context [/sample-helloworldjsonrpc] startup failed due to previous error

-Bert

Re: Runtime Implementation not found when running sample Webapps

Posted by Bert Lamb <al...@pobox.com>.
Well, I wish I had some sort of clue as to what I did to fix it, but
it seems to be working now in my environment, and rfeng never saw it
broken in his, so I'll assume it was something dumb I did :)

Thanks everyone.

-Bert

Posted by Andy Piper <an...@bea.com>.
> [...]

>        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)
>Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.W
>ebappRuntimeImpl
>        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)
>        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
>        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)
>        at
> org.apache.tuscany.runtime.webapp.WebappUtilImpl.getRuntime(WebappUti
>lImpl.java:68)
>        ... 25 more
>Oct 11, 2006 6:29:58 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>SEVERE: Error listenerStart
>Oct 11, 2006 6:29:58 PM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext start
>SEVERE: Context [/sample-helloworldjsonrpc] startup failed due to

by email and then delete it.

Re: Runtime Implementation not found when running sample Webapps

Posted by Bert Lamb <al...@pobox.com>.
Yep, I'm seeing this too.  I should have been more specific, my
problems with the jsonrpc sample were the ones that resolved
themselves.

-Bert

Posted by Lee Surprenant <lm...@gmail.com>.
I am also having this problem.  The databinding-sdo jar is located at
WEB-INF/tuscany/extenstions/

Posted by Raymond Feng <en...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rick <cr...@gmail.com>.
Hi,