Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by shreejay <sh...@gmail.com> on 2012/11/16 20:44:56 UTC

Re: SolrCloud and Optimize

I just stumbled on this post. Does SolrCloud keep running an Optimize in
background continually?

--Shreejay

Re: SolrCloud and Optimize

Posted by Walter Underwood <wu...@wunderwood.org>.
An optimize is really a forced merge. Solr does continuous partial merging automatically, and has done so since version 1.

Do not call optimize unless you really, really know what you are doing.

wunder

Re: SolrCloud and Optimize

Posted by shreejay <sh...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Otis, Walter. I was having some issues with one of our SolrCloud, and
just wanted to rule this out as the reasons.

--Shreejay

Re: SolrCloud and Optimize

Posted by Otis Gospodnetic <ot...@gmail.com>.
Shreejay - no, SolrCloud does not keep optimizing an index in the
background continually.  Under the hood Lucene does perform segment merges
periodically.

Otis