Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com> on 2016/04/19 17:34:18 UTC

CloudStack Logging

Hi All,

I'm running an initiative to improve CloudStack logging.  I'm going to be analysing logs and re-categorising the DEBUG, INFO, WARN and ERROR where appropriate such that we can reduce the default logging level to INFO without losing important troubleshooting information, while at the same time making the management-server log far more readable for operational admins.

To achieve this I need logs to work with.

Please could anyone interested upload logs to:
https://shapeblue.brickftp.com

The logs will be treated in the strictest confidence and public download of the logs will not be available.
I'm especially interested in logs which you found particularly difficult to read or specific messages which you think are misscategorised

If you wish, put comments at the top of the logs or send a message directly or via the mailing lists pointing out specific issues.
Please compress the logs!

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

Regards,

Paul Angus

paul.angus@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

RE: CloudStack Logging

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Simon,

My gut says that it's probably not worth going back before 4.3.  There have been large changes since then but I think that it's better to get as much data as possible, limiting to 4.6+ might not give a particularly large install base.

Kind regards,

Paul Angus

Regards,

Paul Angus