Posted to user@struts.apache.org by li...@bt.com on 2002/03/13 19:43:14 UTC

More problems: No action instance for path /login could be create d...

Ok my login.jsp is loading fine, and the ActionForm (LoginForm) is working
OK because error messages are being returned OK.  But when I submit valid
entries (i.e. when my Action class, LoginAction, should kick in) - I get
this error message:

"Status code:500 request:R( /struts-SACT + /login.do + null) msg:No action
instance for path /login could be created"

I'm assuming this is not a problem with my LoginAction class because it
can't even create an instance.  It must be something to do with the dreaded
struts-config.xml file.  Here's what I've got:

<struts-config>
   <!-- ========== Data Source Configuration ===============================
-->
   <!-- ========== Form Bean Definitions ===================================
-->
   <form-beans>
      <!-- Login form bean -->
      <form-bean name="loginForm"
type="zeus.generator.web.model.LoginForm"/>
   </form-beans>
   <!-- ========== Global Forward Definitions ==============================
-->
   <global-forwards>
      <forward name="login" path="/login.jsp"/>
      <forward name="success" path="/home.do"/>
   </global-forwards>
   <!-- ========== Action Mapping Definitions ==============================
-->
   <action-mappings>
      <!-- Process a user login -->
      <action path="/login" type="zeus.generator.web.controller.LoginAction"
name="loginForm" validate="true" scope="request" input="/login.jsp">
         <forward name="success" path="/home.do"/>
      </action>
      <!-- Process a request for home page-->
      <action path="/home" type="zeus.generator.web.controller.HomeAction">
         <forward name="success" path="/home.jsp"/>
      </action>
      <!-- The standard administrative actions available with Struts -->
      <!-- These would be either omitted or protected by security -->
      <!-- in a real application deployment -->
      ....... Bla bla bla (I never touched these so they're OK)
   </action-mappings>
</struts-config>

My classes are in the correct packages - I know this (erm...) for definite.
What ELSE could be causing this?  Incidentally, the JSP form submits to
/login using the html:form tag.

Many many thanks if someone can help

Lindsay