Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2007/02/27 16:29:13 UTC

latest snapshot

Hi,

I think the latest snapshot published got screwed up somehow. Can you
republish please? We are getting lots of build problem in Geronimo
now.

I see the following warning:

[WARNING] POM for 'org.apache.cxf:cxf-rt-transports-http:pom:2.0-incubator-RC-SN
APSHOT:compile' is invalid. It will be ignored for artifact resolution. Reason:
Failed to validate POM

And after that lots of 'package org.apache.cxf'' and others not found.

Thanks,
Jarek

Re: latest snapshot

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
Polar,

On Tuesday 27 February 2007 10:43, Polar Humenn wrote:
> Do you know what I have to do to get the CXF sources installed into my
> local maven repository?
>
> I can do
>
> mvn source:jar
>
> and it creates them, but doesn't install them into ~/.m2/respository.

All maven projects should be pretty much the same:

mvn source:jar
will create the jar by invoking the source plugin directly.   However, that
will never will get to the install phase to install it.

You can do:
mvn source:jar install
which will invoke the source:jar to build the jar, then continue to the
install phase to install it.

mvn javadoc:jar source:jar install
would do both javadoc and source.

> The "install" or -Pfastinstall doesn't seem to ether, but it does
> install the javadoc jar files, which I find inconsistent.

It probably only installs the javadoc for api and metacode.   For those two
modules, we bind javadoc:jar into the build to run every time.    None of
the other modules would get javadoc.

Enjoy!
Dan

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: latest snapshot

Posted by Polar Humenn <ph...@iona.com>.
Hi Dan,

Re: latest snapshot

Posted by Daniel Kulp <da...@iona.com>.
On Tuesday 27 February 2007 10:39, Daniel Kulp wrote:
> Jarek,
>
> On Tuesday 27 February 2007 10:29, Jarek Gawor wrote:
> > I think the latest snapshot published got screwed up somehow. Can you
> > republish please? We are getting lots of build problem in Geronimo
> > now.
> >
> > I see the following warning:
> >
> > [WARNING] POM for
> > 'org.apache.cxf:cxf-rt-transports-http:pom:2.0-incubator-RC-SN
> > APSHOT:compile' is invalid. It will be ignored for artifact
> > resolution. Reason: Failed to validate POM
> >
> > And after that lots of 'package org.apache.cxf'' and others not found.
>
> It's probably cause it's in the middle of publishing now.   The
> bandwidth between IONA and Apache seems to be a bit slow today.  :-(

OK.  OBSCENELY slow today.    It's been over an hour and it's still only
about 1/2 way through.   This is nuts.   I think I need to get a zone
setup or something at apache to do the deploy's from.

--
J. Daniel Kulp
Principal Engineer

Re: latest snapshot