Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by oleg yusim <ol...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/11 21:29:25 UTC

Security assessment of Cassandra

Greetings,

Performing security assessment of Cassandra with the goal of generating
STIG for Cassandra (iase.disa.mil/stigs/Pages/a-z.aspx) I ran across some
questions regarding the way certain security features are implemented (or
not) in Cassandra.

I composed the list of questions on these topics, which I wasn't able to
find definitive answer to anywhere else and posted it here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2L9nW4Cyj41YWd1UkI4ZXVPYmM

It is shared with all the members of that list, and any of the members of
this list is welcome to comment on this document (there is a place for
community comments specially reserved near each of the questions and my
take on it).

I would greatly appreciate Cassandra community help here.

Thanks,

Oleg

Re: Security assessment of Cassandra

Posted by Jack Krupansky <ja...@gmail.com>.
Just following up... Oleg, have you gotten a satisfactory level of feedback
from the community on the security assessment issues?

And if there is any sort of final assessment that can be publicly accessed,
that would be great.

-- Jack Krupansky

Posted by oleg yusim <ol...@gmail.com>.
Greetings,

Matt brought to my attention that I shared the document at "view only"
mode. My apologies for that. I corrected permissions and shared the
document personally with everybody, who indicated he/she would review it.

Thanks,

Oleg

Posted by oleg yusim <ol...@gmail.com>.
Greetings,