Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Amit Rajpurkar <am...@axegroup.com.au> on 2008/11/19 23:11:20 UTC

maven - clearcase integration with release:perform

Hi All,

I am getting a peculiar problem with running
mvn release:perform

i have my scm url configured to clearcase snapshotview.

release:prepare is working successfully and even clearcase is showing the tag i provide during "prepare" phase. the pom files in my project are getting updated successfully; so also teh local m2 repository is getting the latest pom files there.

I would like to know if there is any solution to this problem.

Maven clearcase reference also talks of this problem, but it does not indicate any solution to it:
http://maven.apache.org/scm/clearcase.html <http://maven.apache.org/scm/clearcase.html>
(cleartool: Error: A registry entry already exists for "johndoe-mymachine-maven-myproject".)

i tried to remove the clearcase view but even that does not help.

Thanks and Regards,
-Amit

Re: maven - clearcase integration with release:perform

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Hi,

I've spent quite some time getting the release and the scm plugins to work
together with cc, so I'll try to help you. However, could you try to define
you problem in more detail?

If the problem is the error message you link to, have you really verified
that the view doesn't exist in cc? Me myself is no cc expert so I had to ask
for help to verify that there very absolutely no traces (registries etc) of
the old view. If you remove an old view the correct way, this shouldn't be a
problem. But I've had some cases where a view wasn't completely removed.
Also, what versions of the release and scm plugins are you using? There were
new version released quite recently. Make sure you're using them.

Also, you have the possibility to define the name of the cc snapshot view
created using the 'connectionUrl' attribute. I.e.:
mvn release:perform -DconnectionUrl="scm:clearcase:<VIEW_NAME>:load
/<VOB_NAME>/<PATH>"
If I recall correctly, the very latest version of the release plugin is
required for this to work.

/Anders

Regards,
/Anders