Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Laxmikanth M.S." <la...@sonata-software.com> on 2002/12/09 05:50:17 UTC

JSP inside Javascript

hi all,
Can we have JSP expression inside javascript? I have javascript which is
generating tree structure but I want to have JSP expression inside the tree.
If anybody knows how to put this I will appreciate if somebody forward me
example or link.
Thanx
Laxmikanth
Disclaimer: The information in this e-mail and any attachments is
confidential / privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee or
addressees. If you are not the addressee indicated in this message, you may
not copy or deliver this message to anyone. In such case, you should destroy
this message and kindly notify the sender by reply email. Please advise
immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet email for
messages of this kind.

Re: JSP inside Javascript

Posted by Praveen Wicliff <wi...@hotpop.com>.
You can use it, that is say if you want your tree name to be taken from JSP
you can define it like

var scriptTree = <%=myTree%>

Understand this, the page is processed by application server, and all the
JSP code is processes irrespective of where they occur. Once it is processed
to the browse, as far as browser is concerned the code will look like
this....

var scriptTree = treeName

Hope this helps. If you are looking for completely different thing, please
mail with specifics :-)

Praveen Wicliff

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>