Posted to user@syncope.apache.org by Gurpreet Bagga <Gu...@gohomeward.com> on 2013/07/01 12:11:10 UTC

Error while connecting to external db (mysql) resource

Hello All,

I want to connect Syncope to MySql database as an external database resource; so I copied respective db connector bundle into console\target\bundles. I then copied a MySQL connector jar in console\target\cargo\configurations\tomcat7x\common\lib as I am running syncope in an embedded mode. On configuring connector instance; when I try to check connection; I get java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: JDBC Driver is not found on classpath. Following is an excerpt from log file.

Although I have copied the connector to lib folder, still I am getting the same error. Please let me know if I am missing something in configuration.

Jul 1, 2013 4:56:54 AM org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [syncope-core-rest] in context with path [/syncope] threw exception [Request processing failed; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: JDBC Driver is not found on classpath.] with root cause
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: JDBC Driver is not found on classpath.
            at org.connid.bundles.db.table.DatabaseTableConfiguration.validate(DatabaseTableConfiguration.java:801)

Please find attached screenshot for reference.

Thanks.

Best regards,
Gurpreet

 copies of the original message.

This message has been content scanned by the Axway MailGate.
MailGate uses policy enforcement to scan for known viruses, spam, undesirable content and malicious code. For more information on Axway products please visit www.axway.com.

Re: Error while connecting to external db (mysql) resource

Posted by Massimiliano Perrone <ma...@tirasa.net>.
 From Connid wiki page:

  Installation

Follow these steps to run the stand-alone connector server:

 1. Download the connector server jar file and store it in the connector
    server directory (any directory).
 2. Download the Database Table connector jar file and store it in the
    bundles subdirectory.
 3. Add the resource-related third-party JDBC driver jar file to the lib
    directory.
 4. Start the connector server. For more information, check thepage
    <https://connid.atlassian.net/wiki/display/BASE/Connector+Servers>about
    this topic.

Hi Gurpreet,
have you done all previous steps? (#3 is very important :))

Massi

--
Massimiliano Perrone
Tel +39 393 9121310

Tirasa S.r.l.
Viale D'Annunzio 267 - 65127 Pescara
Tel +39 0859116307 / FAX +39 0859111173
http://www.tirasa.net

Apache Syncope PMC Member
http://people.apache.org/~massi/

"L'apprendere molte cose non insegna l'intelligenza"
(Eraclito)