Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com> on 2019/08/26 12:02:15 UTC

Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5

Hi,

Is there any migration guide for potentially breaking changes and how to
deal with them?

Best,
tison.

Re: Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5

Posted by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Kathryn,

Given 3.5 servers know every packet from 3.4 client, I think it should work
well.

Best,
tison.

Kathryn Hogg <Ka...@oati.net> 于2019年9月4日周三 下午11:07写道:

Re: Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5

Posted by Zili Chen <wa...@gmail.com>.
Here is an issue that might be regarded as incompatible[1]. Briefly, we
forbid 4 letter word by default since 3.5.3,
for those code that rely on this feature code fails with a bump.

Best,
tison.

[1]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-13417?focusedCommentId=16928316&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels%3Acomment-tabpanel#comment-16928316

Kathryn Hogg <Ka...@oati.net> 于2019年9月9日周一 下午9:26写道:

RE: Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5

Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:42 AMTo: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Re: Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5 {External email message: This email is from an external source. Please exercise caution prior to opening attachments, clicking on links, or providing any sensitive information.} Hi Kathryn, That way should work without problems.
Andor

-----Original Message-----From: Kathryn Hogg <Ka...@oati.net>Rep
ly-To: user@zookeeper.apache.org
To: user@zookeeper.apache.org <us...@zookeeper.apache.org>Subject: RE:
Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2019 15:07:11 +0000 Question about the opposite:  We have some C# clients using ZookeeperNetEx which hasn't released a 3.5 version yet.  Will 3.4 clients work with 3.5 servers?--Kathryn HoggSenior Technology Architect -----Original Message-----From: Andor Molnar [mailto:andor@apache.org]S
ent: Wednesday, September 4, 2019 9:52 AMTo: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Re: Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5 {External email message: This email is from an external source. Please exercise caution prior to opening attachments, clicking on links, or providing any sensitive information.} Hi Zili, "If so, it seems upgrade client side force user to upgrade server side also.”Yes, if client is upgraded _and_ user wants to use a new feature in 3.5, then server side has to be upgraded too. ;) Andor

Re: Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5

Sent: Thursday, September 5, 2019 12:42 AMTo: user@zookeeper.apache.org

To: user@zookeeper.apache.org <us...@zookeeper.apache.org>Subject: RE:
Subject: Re: Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5 {External email message: This

RE: Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5

Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2019 9:52 AMTo: user@zookeeper.apache.org
Subject: Re: Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5 {External email message: This email is from an external source. Please exercise caution prior to opening attachments, clicking on links, or providing any sensitive information.} Hi Zili, "If so, it seems upgrade client side force user to upgrade server side also.”

Re: Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Kathryn,

Sent: Wednesday, September 4, 2019 9:52 AMTo: user@zookeeper.apache.org

RE: Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5

Re: Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5

Posted by Andor Molnar <an...@apache.org>.
Hi Zili,

Re: Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Il mar 3 set 2019, 13:45 Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.invalid> ha
scritto:

> In my opinion we should not fallback to something else if the client wants
> a CONTAINER node, which is a new feature in 3.5.

+1

Enrico

Re: Migrate from 3.4.x to 3.5.5

Posted by Norbert Kalmar <nk...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.