Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Trejkaz <tr...@trypticon.org> on 2017/06/24 05:06:52 UTC

Re: Ways to store and search tens of billions of text document content in one lucene index

On Fri, Jun 23, 2017 at 4:24 PM, Ranganath B N <ra...@huawei.com> wrote:
> Hi,

[cutting X-Y problem stuff]

> What strategies do you recommend  for this task  "Ways to store  and search  tens of billions
> of  text document content in one lucene index"?  so that I can accomplish this in optimal time.

Split it into multiple indexes and don't tell whoever asked you to put
it in one index, or change the definition of "index" for your
application so that the resulting multiple Lucene indices is still
"one index".

TX