Posted to dev@perl.apache.org by Joe Schaefer <jo...@mail.sunstarsys.com> on 2006/02/04 01:28:18 UTC

Re: svn commit: r374792 - /perl/modperl/trunk/t/lib/TestAPRlib/table.pm

gozer@apache.org writes:

> Author: gozer
> Date: Fri Feb  3 16:13:23 2006
> New Revision: 374792

> Log:
> apr_table_(copy|overlay) has hierarchical requirements on the pool
> being used, since it copies content from table to table without
> reallocing it.
>
> The test logic was broken and would produce these kind of aborts
> when apr was compiled with -DAPR_POOL_DEBUG:

Heh, sorry I forgot to commit a similar patch.
Thanks gozer!
--
Joe Schaefer

Re: svn commit: r374792 - /perl/modperl/trunk/t/lib/TestAPRlib/table.pm

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 08:32:50PM -0500, Joe Schaefer wrote:
> "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org> writes:
>
> > Just for the record, this change had *nothing* to do with httpd-2.2, it was
> > experienced under 2.2, but only because I built it with
> > -DAPR_POOL_DEBUG.
>
> It's actually a function of which apr library you're using.
> A while ago I submitted a patch to apr to reactivate the pool
> debug mechanism for tables, and they accepted it.  I know the patch
> is in the 1.x line (which httpd-2.2 uses), not sure if it got
> backported to 0.9.x (which 2.0 uses) tho.

That patch isn't in the 0.9.x tree, no, nor is the joined-pool
implementation on which it kind of relies (I'd really rather not mess
with such stuff in 0.9.x any more unless there's strong motivation)...

joe

Re: svn commit: r374792 - /perl/modperl/trunk/t/lib/TestAPRlib/table.pm

Posted by Joe Schaefer <jo...@sunstarsys.com>.

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.
Philippe M. Chiasson wrote:
> Joe Schaefer wrote:
>
>>gozer@apache.org writes:
>>

>>>Author: gozer
>>>Date: Fri Feb  3 16:13:23 2006
>>>New Revision: 374792

>>>Log:
>>>apr_table_(copy|overlay) has hierarchical requirements on the pool
>>>being used, since it copies content from table to table without
>>>reallocing it.
>>>
>>>The test logic was broken and would produce these kind of aborts
>>>when apr was compiled with -DAPR_POOL_DEBUG:
>>
>>Heh, sorry I forgot to commit a similar patch.
>>Thanks gozer!
>

> No problem, I had some tuits lying around, and I wanted to see how things were
> with the newly released httpd-2.2.

Just for the record, this change had *nothing* to do with httpd-2.2, it was
experienced under 2.2, but only because I built it with -DAPR_POOL_DEBUG.

I suspect 2.0 would have failed the same way.

Re: svn commit: r374792 - /perl/modperl/trunk/t/lib/TestAPRlib/table.pm

Posted by "Philippe M. Chiasson" <go...@ectoplasm.org>.