Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by System <sy...@eluminoustechnologies.com> on 2003/05/03 11:52:12 UTC

Remove Tomcat.

Hello All,

I am on Redhat 7.3/Apache 1.3.27/mod_jk2 (2.0) and tomcat 4.x.

I think mod_jk2 has screwed my httpd ans I would like to remove tomcat from
server. so that i can install the Fresh with mod_jk.

Is there any step by step procedure avalilable for the Removal of tomcat. if
so could u pls put me on the correct path.

Regards,
Tina.

Re: Remove Tomcat.

Posted by Paul Yunusov <py...@rogers.com>.
On Saturday 03 May 2003 05:52 am, System wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I am on Redhat 7.3/Apache 1.3.27/mod_jk2 (2.0) and tomcat 4.x.
>
> I think mod_jk2 has screwed my httpd ans I would like to remove tomcat from
> server. so that i can install the Fresh with mod_jk.
>
> Is there any step by step procedure avalilable for the Removal of tomcat.
> if so could u pls put me on the correct path.
>
> Regards,
> Tina.

It depends on how you installed Tomcat but you can generally remove all
references to Tomcat in any system/httpd initialization or cron scripts and
then do something like:
(This is will physically remove the Tomcat directory tree.)

su
rm -rf $CATALINA_HOME

On the other hand, it is likely not necessary to re-install Tomcat to solve
the problem you described in your message, and other less dramatic solutions
may exist.

Paul