Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Ro...@nike.com> on 2006/03/24 18:04:36 UTC

RE: FTP to MVS host

Welcome! This project is thriving because good people like you are
willing to donate their time and efforts to make it better.

Please read the following...

http://ant.apache.org/bugs.html

Thanks,

-Rob Anderson

Re: FTP to MVS host

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Fri, 24 Mar 2006, Henrik Sorensen <he...@balcab.ch>
wrote:

> So is the process to open a bug report, even for discussions of
> generic nature, like how to implement a different kind of remote
> file system?

No, you open a bug report if you want to report bugs or have code to
submit, until then using the dev mailing list is the best option.

> Currently I just trying to make it work by hacking the places where
> it breaks, but a proper modelling of the remote or server filesystem
> should be done.

I guess the best idea is to discuss this on commons-dev@jakarta since
this is where the commons-net developers hand out.  Any improvements
that are made to commons-net will be fed back to Ant, but we probably
won't change anything in Ant until the modified code in commons-net
has been released.

Stefan

Re: FTP to MVS host

Posted by Matt Benson <gu...@yahoo.com>.
--- Henrik Sorensen <he...@balcab.ch> wrote:

> Thanks for the link.
>
> Reading it ... ... no, open bugs with FTP and MVS as
> search keys.
>
> So is the process to open a bug report, even for
> discussions of generic
> nature, like how to implement a different kind of
> remote file system?
>
> Lots of the problem arises from the fact that the
> MVS file system is not a
> hierarchical filesystem.
>
> Currently I just trying to make it work by hacking
> the places where it breaks,
> but a proper modelling of the remote or server
> filesystem should be done.
>
> Also, the file name parser is really from the apache
> commons net project, but
> is of course heavily used by the ant FTP task.

Here, you should open a bug with commons-net.  If the
changes to make the Ant FTP task work rely on these,
you wouldn't want to put the cart before the horse, so
to speak.  Fortunately Steve Cohen is a committer on
both projects and tends to handle commons-net Ant
integration issues.

HTH,
Matt

[SNIP]