Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com> on 2012/04/04 23:18:00 UTC

0.16 release update - RC1 is available

Hi, folks. RC1 from revision 1309390 of the 0.16 branch can be got here:

  http://people.apache.org/~jross/qpid-0.16-rc1/

It includes the following fixes since the beta:

RC1 is over two weeks late because I've had another task competing for my time.  It's now closing down, so I have more time to focus on finishing 0.16.  Since the release is late, I'd like to speed up the RC schedule: I'll produce a final release candidate next week (*if*, of course, no major new issues are discovered), and we can begin the voting a week after that.

Thanks for your help testing and preparing 0.16 for release!
Justin

---
0.16 release page: https://cwiki.apache.org/qpid/016-release.html

Re: QPID-3944 [Was: 0.16 release update - RC1 is available]

Posted by Andy Goldstein <an...@redhat.com>.
I believe this worked for me on RHEL6.

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 04/12/2012 06:30 PM, Justin Ross wrote:
> I think this is worth doing for 0.16.  Andy and Gordon, does the trunk
> change test out in your environments?

Yes, configure picks up my python as before (its essentially reverting a
change) and it then goes on to build the python swig bindings.

Re: QPID-3944 [Was: 0.16 release update - RC1 is available]

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.
Justin,

Re: 0.16 release update - RC1 is available

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Andrew Stitcher <as...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Andy Goldstein <an...@redhat.com>.
On Apr 11, 2012, at 9:39 AM, Gordon Sim wrote:

> On 04/11/2012 01:33 PM, Cajus Pollmeier wrote:
>> After adding pkg-config to the list of dependencies, nothing changes.
>> But it turns out that it queries for the hard coded package named
>> "python", but it is named "python-2.7" in my case.
>
> I get the same thing... looks like the problem originates from http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&rev=1197326, though I'm not sure what it was fixing (neither of the two quoted JIRAs seem directly related, the build improvements one is very general but none of the contributed patches include these changes).

This change also affects RHEL6 (at least for me) - I haven't found anything that supplies pkg-config settings for python for RHEL6.

Andy

Re: 0.16 release update - RC1 is available

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.

>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3893
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3896
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3899
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3907
>>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/QPID-3920

Posted by Cajus Pollmeier <ca...@naasa.net>.

Posted by Cajus Pollmeier <ca...@naasa.net>.

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>.
I've checked and the suggested fix below has indeed worked in my test
distributions.  RC2 will have this resolved.

Justin

Posted by Justin Ross <jr...@redhat.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.