Posted to l10n@openoffice.apache.org by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> on 2014/07/01 08:35:08 UTC

Re: svn guide

Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
> quoting you:
> "Then all you need to learn is the "svn commit" operation. You must
> install svn (short for Subversion) in your system. A basic tutorial
> about checkout, update and commit will teach you all you need (of
> course, ask if you are stuck)."
> Where can I find this guide?

This page for example has all you need (and possibly more, you can skip
the long part about managing conflicts in first reading).

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.tour.cycle.html

Regards,
   Andrea.

Re: svn guide

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Thank you!
Regards,
Pedro.

Re: svn guide

Posted by Pedro Albuquerque <pa...@gmail.com>.
Em 01-07-2014 08:04, Alexandro Colorado escreveu:
> There are some rather easy to follow videos on youtube about using
> SVN. It worked for me when I saw it, also there are 'quick guides'
> which only focus on the key commands, sort of like 'cheat sheets'.
> http://infographicality.com/prelucrate/Electronics%20Technology/ECS%20subversion%20www.infographicality.com.jpg
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jP6k71qe0c
>
> I have a similar issue trying to teach SVN to a developer who is used
> more to a GUI environment and might get dissuaded of using a command
> line interface.
>
> Windows usually have tortoiseSVN but being the FLOSS minded person
> that I am, I would rather recomend a FLOSS gui tool like:
> http://winsvn.org
> http://www.rapidsvn.org/
OK, Windows can be easier for someone like me that knows nothing about
svn, but I'll try in Linux, off-line first and after that, with the
greatest care and always checking here if everything is correct, really
committing something I have in mind for a while now.
Anyway,  Your links will be very useful. I use a lot of cheats in gaming
so these should be easy to follow.;-)
I'll commit myself to this when I finish reviewing help files. Thank you!
Regards,
Pedro.

Re: svn guide

Posted by "Juan C. Sanz " <ju...@hotmail.com>.
El 01/07/2014 9:04, Alexandro Colorado escribió:
> There are some rather easy to follow videos on youtube about using
> SVN. It worked for me when I saw it, also there are 'quick guides'
> which only focus on the key commands, sort of like 'cheat sheets'.
> http://infographicality.com/prelucrate/Electronics%20Technology/ECS%20subversion%20www.infographicality.com.jpg
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jP6k71qe0c
>
> I have a similar issue trying to teach SVN to a developer who is used
> more to a GUI environment and might get dissuaded of using a command
> line interface.
>
> Windows usually have tortoiseSVN but being the FLOSS minded person
> that I am, I would rather recomend a FLOSS gui tool like:
> http://winsvn.org
> http://www.rapidsvn.org/

TortoiseSVN is a FLOSS sofware too, isn't  it? [1]

[1]
http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/release/TortoiseSVN_en/tsvn-preface-source.html

Regards
Juan C. Sanz

Re: svn guide

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.
There are some rather easy to follow videos on youtube about using
SVN. It worked for me when I saw it, also there are 'quick guides'
which only focus on the key commands, sort of like 'cheat sheets'.
http://infographicality.com/prelucrate/Electronics%20Technology/ECS%20subversion%20www.infographicality.com.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jP6k71qe0c

I have a similar issue trying to teach SVN to a developer who is used
more to a GUI environment and might get dissuaded of using a command
line interface.

Windows usually have tortoiseSVN but being the FLOSS minded person
that I am, I would rather recomend a FLOSS gui tool like:
http://winsvn.org
http://www.rapidsvn.org/

On 7/1/14, Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org> wrote:
> Pedro Albuquerque wrote:
>> quoting you:
>> "Then all you need to learn is the "svn commit" operation. You must
>> install svn (short for Subversion) in your system. A basic tutorial
>> about checkout, update and commit will teach you all you need (of
>> course, ask if you are stuck)."
>> Where can I find this guide?
>
> This page for example has all you need (and possibly more, you can skip
> the long part about managing conflicts in first reading).
>
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.tour.cycle.html
>
> Regards,
>    Andrea.

Alexandro Colorado