Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Aniket Bhatnagar <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/03 17:17:27 UTC

JMX connections timing out in EC2 in Kafka 0.8

I don't think this issue is related to Kafka at all but I just wanted to
try my luck in this user mailing list just in case people have run into
similar issues. I am trying to enable JMX monitoring in Kafka running on
EC2 by setting the JMX_PORT variable to 1099. Once Kafka is done booting, I
am able to monitor Kafka from a client running on the same instance,
however the JMS client gives java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed
out exception when attempting to connect from another instance (also an EC2
instance in the same VPC). I have checked the firewall rules and the port
1099 is enabled. Has anyone else ran into similar issues? Suggestions
please.

Re: JMX connections timing out in EC2 in Kafka 0.8

Posted by Rajasekar Elango <re...@salesforce.com>.
May be this helps.

See last post on http://qnalist.com/questions/4522179/jmx

Thanks,
Raja.

On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 11:17 AM, Aniket Bhatnagar <
aniket.bhatnagar@gmail.com> wrote:

> I don't think this issue is related to Kafka at all but I just wanted to
> try my luck in this user mailing list just in case people have run into
> similar issues. I am trying to enable JMX monitoring in Kafka running on
> EC2 by setting the JMX_PORT variable to 1099. Once Kafka is done booting, I
> am able to monitor Kafka from a client running on the same instance,
> however the JMS client gives java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed
> out exception when attempting to connect from another instance (also an EC2
> instance in the same VPC). I have checked the firewall rules and the port
> 1099 is enabled. Has anyone else ran into similar issues? Suggestions
> please.

Raja.