Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Matthew Woodward <ma...@mattwoodward.com> on 2012/09/29 17:07:55 UTC

CouchDB + ElasticSearch

I'm new to getting CouchDB and ElasticSearch working together, and I've
tried all the examples I can find but haven't had any luck yet. I'm sure
I'm simply misunderstanding something so I'm hoping someone can push me in
the right direction.

I've installed ElasticSearch (latest version) and the CouchDB River. Assume
I have a database in CouchDB called foo that has a bunch of documents in
it. When I run this on the ElasticSearch server:
curl -XPUT 'http://localhost:9200/_river/foo/_meta' -d
'{"type":"couchdb","couchdb":{"host":"my.couch.server","port":5984,"db":"foo","filter":null},"index":{"index":"foo","type":"foo","bulk_size":"100","bulk_timeout":"10ms"}}'

I get this response:
{"ok":true,"_index":"_river","_type":"foo","_id":"_meta","_version":2}

But no matter what search I try to run I always get something
like {"error":"IndexMissingException[[votes] missing]","status":404} as the
response.

I'm sure I'm missing something very basic but none of the examples I've
come across seem to work as they're supposed to, so I figured I'd ask.
Thanks.
--
Matthew Woodward
matt@mattwoodward.com

Please do not send me proprietary file formats such as Word, PowerPoint,
etc. as attachments.

Re: CouchDB + ElasticSearch

Posted by Matthew Woodward <ma...@mattwoodward.com>.
On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 4:21 PM, Dan Everton <da...@iocaine.org> wrote:

> You'll have more luck posting this to the Elasticsearch user group @
> https://groups.google.com/group/elasticsearch

Thanks -- I'll give that a shot and see if an increased logging level sheds
any additional light on things.

Re: CouchDB + ElasticSearch

Posted by Dan Everton <da...@iocaine.org>.
On Sun, Sep 30, 2012 at 1:07 AM, Matthew Woodward <ma...@mattwoodward.com> wrote:
> I'm new to getting CouchDB and ElasticSearch working together, and I've

You'll have more luck posting this to the Elasticsearch user group @
https://groups.google.com/group/elasticsearch

But I'd suggest trying to increase the logging level in ES and see if
there's something going on. If your searches are failing, I suspect
the river isn't actually working as otherwise the index would have
been created.

Cheers,
Dan